Part-Time Patient Services Admitting Clerk
Antelope Memorial Hospital
Part-Time Patient Services Admitting Clerk:
Employee will work rotating shifts and weekends approximately 24 hours per week admitting patients in outpatient clinic and emergency areas.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for people coming to Patient Services for assistance.
- Operate multiple position telephone switchboards to relay incoming, outgoing and internal calls.
- Maintain Confidentiality in regard to patient information and protected health information (PHI).
- Answer questions of callers according to hospital policy.
- Page personnel over the intercom system and transfer calls to proper extensions.
- Maintain and update all information on electronic records every time a patient comes for service.
- Keep a phone log of calls placed and incoming collect calls.
- Operator 39.82 radio, paging system, door phones, ambulance doors, security camera, monitors, encoder phone, and copier.
- Process patient information necessary to complete all admission and outpatient service collection claims.
- Register outpatients for treatment or tests, notifying the appropriate departments.
- Update and print the physician-patient lists and the hospital census sheet daily
- Document all necessary information when setting up ambulance transfer.
- Dispatch the ambulance for transfers, receive and give appropriate information to EMT responders.
- Complete appropriate information and forms for patient admissions.
- Assist Nursing Supervisor in an emergency situation.
- Lock all doors at assigned times and unlock in the A.M.
- Record Patient Services requisitions and notify maintenance of repairs needed immediately.
- Assist other departments with routine tasks (copying, typing, etc.) as time permits.
- Attend department meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Do a daily ambulance radio check.
- Other related duties that may become necessary in providing an excellent communication link to meet the needs of all personnel, physicians, patients, families, visitors, and the public.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Education in the area of business, office management, communications or public relations, preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred.
- Previous experience in working with people or dealing with customers or the public preferred.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors and the public.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Must be knowledgeable of the equipment (phones, radios, etc.) and appropriate procedures for its use.
- Must possess a willingness to work harmoniously with people.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and rotate shifts between day and night as well as 10 to 12 hours shifts.
To be considered for this position, print and complete the Application for Employment located at http://amhne.org/documents/emp_opps/APPLICATION.pdf
or contact Megan Becklun, email@example.com, Human Resources, Antelope Memorial Hospital, 102 W 9thSt., Neligh NE 68756, 402-887-4151.