How to Enter
Simply enter by creating and submitting a 2 minute (minimum) to 5 minute (maximum) video. Your video entry might take almost any form. An animated cartoon, an audio interview with a family member, dialog of you speaking to us, or some other format are all acceptable. Don’t be afraid to get creative! You decide. We just ask that these 4 questions are answered:
- What is your business?
- How did it come to be?
- Why should we choose your business?
- Why Neligh?
The contest is open to individuals or teams of interested persons age 18 or older in any part of the country.
*Existing Businesses can not move from a location of 100 miles or closer to Neligh unless EXPANDING their business to Neligh*
The entrant(s) must:
- Ensure that all submission information (e.g., names and signatures on the Official Photo/Video Release Form -see step 2 below-; location of place that is the entry focus site) are accurate.
- Maintain safe practices.
- Be respectful of any featured location(s), other people using the site, and wildlife there.
- Provide complete contact information by which the entrant(s) can be reached.
- Respond to notifications from Neligh Economic Development in a timely manner.
IMPORTANT: To submit an eligible entry for the contest, you must provide three things:
1. Your YouTube submission (completed by following these directions.) Other online video streaming options are also possible, such as VIMEO.
2. Signed Official Photo/Video Release Form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes release forms for any participants featured in the video who are under the age of 18.
3. Completed Google Form.
Your video submission is considered incomplete until we receive these items.
All eligible submissions must be received electronically by 5 p.m. CT, Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
In addition to the video, complete entries will include:
- The names and ages of all entrant(s).
- The name of the site and a brief description of any featured location(s).
Videos should run at a minimum of 2 minutes in duration.
Entries must be suitable for display to a general audience with respect to language, visual content, presentation, themes discussed, and related issues.
All entries must be completed in English, and videos must include content that is entirely understandable to an English-speaking audience.
While the copyright for the video and its content is retained by the entrant(s), entering the contest automatically provides the City of Neligh the right to display the video online and/or in any public or private settings without restriction.
Additional Rules: By submitting an entry, the entrant(s) represents that the video is an original work, and the entrant(s) is the sole owner of all rights to the video. The entrant(s) also agrees to allow the City of Neligh to use his or her name to post on the city website, without compensation unless prohibited. The City of Neligh, its agents and contractor, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due entries. The entrant is responsible for obtaining legal permission to film on the location they have chosen. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law. The City of Neligh reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of the City of Neligh are final and binding.
Entries will be judged on the basis of the quality of the approach taken to addressing four criteria:
- What is your business idea?
- What is the inspiration behind your business?
- Why your business?
- Why Neligh?
For questions please contact: email@example.com or call 402-887-4447